Experienced Norfolk and Omaha Products Liability Lawyers
Every year Nebraskans are injured or killed by dangerous and defective products. Many of these injuries result from products that are improperly designed, improperly manufactured, or fail to carry warning labels. At Copple, Rockey, McKeever & Schlecht P.C., L.L.O., we are committed to helping individuals and families dealing with injuries that result from defective products.
Knowledgeable Products Liability Lawyers
Product manufacturers, designers, distributors, and retailers have an obligation to produce and sell products that are safe for their intended purpose and other foreseeable uses. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling products liability litigation at the state and federal levels. Demonstrating liability in these cases is complex. Our firm regularly engages expert witnesses to demonstrate failings of a product or design that lead to an injury.
- Design defects — Design cases involve products that have flaws in their design that lead directly to an injury.
- Manufacturing defects — These claims involve products that would be safe except for the manufacturing process or materials used to produce the product.
- Marketing Defects — This type of claim relates to how the product was marketed to the public and whether the marketing efforts related directly to injuries caused by the product.
- Failure to Warn — When a product is inherently dangerous, manufacturers and retailers have an obligation to warn consumers as to the dangers of the product.
- Failure to Guard — This type of claim can be brought when a manufacturer fails to provide consumers the most protection possible for an inherently dangerous product.
Our attorneys have extensive experience handling products liability claims. We have represented clients whose claims involved toxic exposure to herbicides and pesticides, injuries resulting from agribusiness equipment, as well as automobile cases involving seatbelt defects, shoulder harness defects, and crashworthiness. In addition, we are prepared to handle defective product cases involving:
- Chemical exposure
- Farm machinery
- Bone tissue products
- Medical devices and appliances including knee replacements, hip replacement, and pacemakers
- Home electronics
- Power tools
- Industrial equipment
Contact Our Nebraska Products Liability Attorneys
If you or a member of your family has suffered a serious injury as a result of a defective product, please contact Copple, Rockey, McKeever & Schlecht P.C., L.L.O. We invite clients to visit our offices in Omaha and Norfolk, Nebraska, or to call us toll free at 1.866.721.5663 or fill out the in-take form on our Contact page.