Matthew S. McKeever's practice focuses on civil litigation, commercial law, real estate, creditors' rights, creditor bankruptcy, personal injury, domestic relations, and estate planning. Mr. McKeever also advises individuals and businesses about the developing regulatory framework relating to digital currencies.
He represents and advises clients in both New York and Nebraska. Following his trial practice in New York City, Mr. McKeever returned to his home state of Nebraska in 1999.
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1997
- Nebraska, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2010
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1996
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With Honors
- NeighborWorks Northeast Nebraska
- Omaha Science Fiction Education Society, Inc.
- Sand Creek Post and Beam, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Madison County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Omaha Bar Association, Member
- Rotary Club of Omaha - West, Board of Directors
- Member, Bankruptcy Practice Section, Nebraska Bar Association, Member
- Coached Mock Trial Advocacy Teams for Local High Schools, Member
- Nebraska State Bar Association Best Practices Series, Landlord/Tenant Law and Closings, Presenter
- Estate Planning and Real Estate Section, Nebraska Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Attorney Coach for Nebraska State Bar Association Mock Trial Competition