You were injured in a serious crash and you are wondering how you will pay your medical bills. While the insurance company may make you a settlement offer quickly, are you sure it is the full amount of compensation you need and deserve? Please read below to learn more about what you can do to pursue maximum compensation for the full scope of your losses.
Deciding If You Need a Lawyer
It's not uncommon for an accident victim to wonder if they can resolve their case and recover a fair settlement on their own. If the motor vehicle accident was anything more than the most minor of fender benders, you may want to consider calling our attorneys to arrange a consultation. Under certain circumstances, an experienced lawyer can pursue compensation above and beyond what an insurance company may offer to someone who is not represented by a lawyer.
Here are some of the ways in which our attorneys can advocate for accident victims, to a degree they may not be able to advocate for themselves:
- Proving fault. On your own, it can be difficult or impossible to demonstrate fault. Our experienced accident attorneys know how to investigate the crash to determine who caused it. We can then build the case to show this fault using a network of resources, accident experts and technology.
- Maximizing potential awards. It is possible that an insurance adjuster or other party will offer a smaller compensation award if they know you are not represented by a lawyer. There are of course no guarantees either way. But our attorneys have a good idea of what a case is worth after reviewing the details, and we will advocate tirelessly for maximum compensation.
- Talking to the insurance adjusters. As someone who does not deal with insurance companies all the time, you may feel overwhelmed about what to say and not say. Our lawyers talk to these companies every day, negotiating with them to secure the best possible outcome for our clients. Hiring an attorney means you can leave this communication to your lawyer, providing you with time to rest and recover from your injuries.
These are just a few of the ways an attorney may be able to help with your accident claim. After reviewing the details of your situation, we'll be able to tell you if and in what ways we can help you and your family.
Start the Process of Filing a Car Crash Claim
If you move forward with a car accident claim, you may expect the following in the days and weeks ahead:
- Gather any pertinent documents and information. When you visit us for a consultation, we will review anything you think may be relevant, such as photos of the accident and your injuries, witness information, medical bills, medical records related to the accident, police reports and anything else you may have acquired since the accident.
- Contact us for a consultation. There's no obligation involved, so after talking to us you'll be better informed of the choices before you. We will let you know if we think you have a good case to pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Tell us about any and all ways the accident has impacted your life. We want to hear about all of the ways the injury has cost you, financial and otherwise. Have you missed work as a result? Are you looking at expensive medical care now and in the future? Will you have to modify your home or your life in order to live with your injury? Were you partially or totally disabled by your injury? We want to advocate passionately on your behalf, so it is important for us to understand how you have been affected.
We stand at our clients' sides throughout these ordeals. Our attorneys want you to be able to focus on healing and getting well. Rely on us to keep you informed about what is happening with your case, every step of the way.