Being involved in a car accident is one of the most terrifying things a person can undergo. Not only are you worried about the injuries you and your family may have sustained, but you have to consider the damage to your vehicle as well. Immediately after an accident, there are several steps you can take in order to ensure that you and your family can be properly compensated by our attorneys.
Here is some advice on what to do in a car accident:
- Contact the authorities -- always call the police. They can help document the scene and determine who was at fault. They can also help keep you and your family safe.
- Document the scene -- take pictures, gather license plate numbers, see if you can get witness statements, and exchange driver licenses and insurance information.
- Never admit fault -- even if you believe you were at fault or partially at fault, admitting so is a mistake. You never know how the police or an inspector may see the situation.
- Seek medical attention -- some injuries can take days and even weeks to manifest symptoms, so always have yourself and your family members evaluated by a doctor to ensure you're not injured.
- Contact our attorneys -- our attorneys will contact your insurance company for you and make sure that they don't get you to sign something or admit something that you shouldn't. We will protect you and make sure that you can file a claim for the maximum compensation.
Contact Our Attorneys Today
When you're in need of help after a car accident, the attorneys at Copple Rocky can help. We have decades of experience fighting for injured parties that are suffering and we can help you too. Contact us today by calling 402-371-4300. We proudly serve clients in Norfolk, Nebraska.