No one plans to get in a motor vehicle crash. Unfortunately, they happen all the time. You may not know who to turn to, if it has happened to you. Turn to us for answers and experienced guidance as you decide what to do next. Our skilled crash lawyers offer straightforward information and an honest assessment of your options. You deserve to know how you can pursue maximum compensation for your injuries. Please call our Norfolk and Omaha law firm to learn more, at 402-371-4300.
Motor Vehicle Crash Cases Handled By Our Lawyers
There are millions of wrecks across the U.S. each year. Nebraska is no exception. You should choose an attorney familiar with all relevant state and municipal laws. And that attorney should have extensive experience handling cases like yours. At Copple, Rockey, & Schlecht, our team of lawyers has resolved virtually every type of accident case, including:
- Car/auto accidents. Commercial vehicles as well as passenger cars driven by other motorists like yourself are often involved in crashes. Someone is always responsible. Was it the other driver's fault? If so, you deserve justice and compensation for the harm you've suffered.
- Motorcycle accidents. Although motorcycle riders sometimes get a reputation for being rebellious and reckless, bikers are in fact some of the most conscientious people on the road. They know the limitations of their bike as well as the vulnerable position they are in as riders. Unfortunately, motorists in passenger vehicles and trucks don't always give bikers the respect they deserve. Inattention or irresponsibility when sharing the road with motorcycles can lead to serious wrecks.
- Truck and tractor-trailer accidents.18-wheelers and other commercial trucks cause a lot of damage in a crash. Their size and weight is catastrophic when they collide with other vehicles. Negligent hiring practices, violation of hours-of-service laws, drugged driving and other factors sometimes contribute to these wrecks.
- Accidents involving pedestrians. We have a duty to share the road with pedestrians and cyclists. Pedestrians are completely unprotected if a car hits them. The driver may be held responsible for injuries.
In successful cases, a monetary award helps an accident victim not only pay for their financial losses and expenses, but also serves as a form of justice.
Potential Compensation after a Crash
A motor vehicle accident is not only traumatic, it also has monetary costs and losses in the months (and potentially the years) ahead:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Costs of physical rehabilitation
- Costs of modifying your home or purchasing assistive equipment so you can adapt to life with your injury
- Lost wages from being unable to work
- Diminished earning capacity
- Job re-training, if necessary
- Pain and suffering
In a claim handled by our lawyers, we pursue compensation for each and every way you have been affected. In the initial consultation and interview process, we want to get to know you and how your life has been changed. That may include discussing your case with medical professionals that have been involved with your treatment and reviewing their reports. We will also consult with experts to ensure that you reach maximum medical improvement and that your future treatment needs are considered. From this standpoint of personal knowledge about your injuries, we can advocate tirelessly for the best possible outcome.
Compassionate, Experienced Advocates on Your Side
The lawyers at our Nebraska law firm are passionate about what they do. As a group, they have more than a century of combined experience. We live and work in the Omaha, Norfolk and Lincoln areas, and we care deeply about the results we obtain for our clients. If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in our region of Nebraska, we encourage you to call us for a consultation at 402-371-4300.